Thursday, January 14, 2010

My First Blog Post!

For some time, I have meant to do “the Blog thing”. Rama (South African margarine) mom’s are blogging their fave recipes and glorifying their position of Minister of Domestic Affairs by connecting with other equally bored unemployed women with active reproductive organs, we read about Pookie the Pugs newest trick: lying in the sun and sleeping (seriously, I own one, I know, ALL they do is sleep-eat-sleep-ablute-attempt to eat something inedible-doze-repeat), the hippies are even doing it (sorry, TreeHugger love it, but it must be said, you do have an overwhelming affection for hemp items), which brought me to the conclusion, I may not bake, but I’m online-addicted therefore I may as well give it a bash and in the now-immortal words of Jeremy Clarkson, “I mean, how hard can it be?!?”.

Uno problemo
Then came the biggest stumbling block of all... the First Post. What to do? Are you supposed to make a statement, aren’t you supposed to have a mission, or at least a general thrust? If you have answered YES to any of the above, I have failed dismally. I have gone with the “It’s not a NASA launch, it’s only your virginity” theory and am just getting this out the way.

What’s in store, then? Well, I’ll definitely plot the extended wine route of South Africa, as soon as I have consulted with my oh-so-posh-and-refined resident Snob on the hots and nots. This must be done, as we have just returned from 3 weeks of bliss and the draining of more grapes then Dionysus at his cousin’s wedding. And we swear, wine is making a comeback! Theatre updates, musical activities as well as oblique cinematic references, of course. So – a cultural nutshell for closet Liza Minnellis.

No comments:

Post a Comment